<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 08, 2004

Back 

I finally get a chance to update this after a few days. Try not to disturb the neighbors with your cheering and applause.

Things are looking up. I've finished almost all of my Spanish work except for one last thing. I have to do something called a Collagio Literario. I don't know what it is, and the teacher didn't bother to explain. Plus, we were supposed to buy this book that would explain how to do it, but it's out of stock. Just my luck. All I know is that I have to write a poem or something using quotes from a book. Now, I've only written a couple of poems in English, and they all deserve to be burned. I don't want to imagine what an attempt at poetry Spanish will result in. Plus, the Spanish work I've actually completed is horrible and not nearly long enough. If only the teacher bothered to explain what we were actually supposed to do. But no, that would take too much time.

There's been a change of plans and I'll be going to San Miguel tomorrow. Woohoo!

I'm still reading through that Jeffrey Ford book. Some of these stories are absolutely amazing. I said I would provide links, so I will:

The Empire of Ice Cream - Quite possibly my favorite short story. Ever. It makes me wish I had synesthesia.

Floating in Lindrethool - A story of speculative fiction that borders on horror (it's difficult to put Ford in a particular genre). Basically, it's about a guy who sales jars. With brains in them. It's quite intriguing.

The Far Oasis - It's about "unnatural selection" and what happens when a man is banished on a foreign planet. Fascinating.

At Reparata - I just finished reading this one and it's amazing.

That's all for now. Enjoy!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?