<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 04, 2004

Dinner with the 12 

Well, I just finished having a dinner with the "grupo de 12". They are basically 12 "elders" (60% of the church is made up of young people - the pastor was the oldest one there and he's 30) of the Seguidores church. I wasn't looking forward to it but it was actually pretty fun. They're cool people. We spent lots of time around the table telling Bible jokes, talking about setting off New Year's fireworks, etc. It was fun.

One thing I don't particularly enjoy about when we have big dinners at our house: my parents. They say things like, "Oh it'll be so much fun!" a few days beforehand. But when the actual event comes they get so stressed out (especially my mom) about making sure everything is perfect and the food is ready. That stress eventually works it way down to me. I still don't see why we packed these dinners so close together - just a few weeks ago we had one for the Puerta and then a Christmas drop-in.....

Speaking of the Puerta, the one in my house starts up again tomorrow. There a video about what exactly "Puertas" (translated it means "doors") are on the Seguidores web site. I've seen it before, and though it's in Spanish and the quality isn't very good, it's worth a look if you're interested. It can be found here. Check out the guy dancing - it's my favorite part.

I finally fixed the counter problems thanks to some help from Nick. Supposedly, this blog has received 1 hit today, and so has my site. And that hit was probably from Nick. It looks like I'm not the web celeb I thought I was. Maybe I'm just having a bad day.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?