<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 03, 2004

I hate counters. 

I really do. I just put one on my web site one or two days go. Today I went to see how many views I had. There were 50. The first thought that popped into my skull was "Wow! Not bad." Then I realized: How many of those hits are real? There are links on every page linking back to Home - isn't it possible people just clicked them a lot? There's no way of knowing what those numbers mean. I could have had fifty different people look at my site. Or I could have had five just going back to the home page a lot.

But oh well. Maybe people are actually looking at this blog and linking to my site. I doubt it though. I haven't received emails from any strangers commenting on my blog, nor have I received any informing me that someone signed my web site guestbook. That means one of two things:

a) No one looks at this blog or my site. I am a nobody.
b) This blog gets millions of hits per day. My site gets dozens. No one bothers to tell me, but I'm a web celeb.

Hm. It's gotta be option B, don't you think? Definitely.

Speaking of my site, I added a review of The Deer Hunter. Just in case one person out there amidst the billions of those surfing cyberspace sees this and actually cares. On another note, I'll be going out to eat with my family in a few minutes, probably to go chow down on some pupusas. For those of you not from Latin America (I'm guessing that's most of you) a pupusa is basically a really fat tortilla made of dough that's stuffed with cheese, beans, pork, etc. They're delicious and I would strongly suggest buying a plane ticket to El Salvador just to have some. The salvadoreans and hondurans constantly bicker about who invented them, but everyone knows it was El Salvador. Pupusas are practically the national food!

Oh, and who invented the Dorito? Donald "Chip" Rito? I really want to know.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?