<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 04, 2004

I'm finally getting the hang of this. 

The pupusas were good. I ate two big huge ones with beans, cheese and meat; I saved another big one for later. Just thinking about it makes my mouth water.

After we ate we went down to this part of town where there was a really nice view of the entire city (I couldn't see my house though). It turns outs El Salvador looks pretty nice when seen from above. It doesn't have all the rolling hills that Honduras did, but it's nice just the same. Some people might call the place we were at a really good part of the city. But I beg to differ. There were people and cars everywhere, many of them drunk and/or stoned - the people not the cars. There were some interesting little shops set up where people could buy typical Latin American souvenirs, and even a band playing on the side of the road. Their music sounded kind of tribal - I think someone mentioned the word "Incan" but I couldn't be sure. Anyway, I got the impression that this place was the armpit of El Salvador. I would probably think differently if I saw it during the day.

That's about all that happened today. I read a chapter of Frankenstein for school and wrote another paragraph on my history essay. Then I talked to Nick in Singapore on AOL. Later I talked to another friend for a few hours on MSN. And now it's past midnight. It's been a pretty relaxed day.

But hey! As you can probably already see, I added a comment system, thanks to Nick and HaloScan (link on the side). Now I can receive input from all my charming but possibly slightly psychopathic readers! I'm probably a lot more excited about it than you people are, but hey, I'm easy to please (though some would disagree). I just hope it works.

Oh, and the first potato chip was invented by George Crum in 1853, so I'll give him credit for Doritos, which came about in 1964. I was way off. Doritos is Spanish for "little gold" - now I feel like a moron for knowing a decent amount of Spanish but not realizing that before. But hey, at least now I know that Jeeves is good for something after all.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?