<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 29, 2004

I Hate Canal 6 

All right. Quick update. Rhapsody went well both nights. The majority of people seemed to enjoy it. One teacher commented it was the best school circus she had seen in 5 years, or perhaps even the best ever. Even though my role was basically just jumping around like a frog on crack (hopefully there will be pictures of this soon), helping with props, and generally just being a bad dancer, it actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The awful script was somehow transformed into a much better show once all the details of how it was going to look onstage were worked out.

Pictures of Thursday can be seen here on a classmate's website. Hopefully this page will be updated with pictures from Friday, and my school website should have some up soon as well.

Other news: Last night I went to the "Show", as they call it, at my church. The theme this time was Romance. As usual, it was really funny and lots of fun to watch. Plus, 26 people were saved. Now we're even closer to reaching our goal of 500 people by the end of the year. Pictures should be up on the Seguidores website soon.

The Passion of the Christ came out! Woohoo! It only has a rating of 53% on Rotten Tomatoes, which is definitely a lot less than I thought it would be. Even almost half the reviewers are complaining that it's too violent or anti-semitic, I still plan on seeing it whenever it arrives here. Hopefully I'll have a review up shortly (Reminder: Write those reviews!)

Time to rant. The reason I'm writing this now instead of watching the Academy Awards is because of a little thing known as Canal 6 (Channel Six). It turns out they acquired the rights to show the Oscars here in El Salvador. ABC is currently filled with wonderful bars of colors that are great for hypnotic trances or simply just to annoy people. Since I don't feel like putting my ear up to the television in order to hear over the Spanish dubbing, it looks like I'll be missing the show once again. My opinion of El Salvador just went from being very high to lower-than-the-chances-of-that-girl-from-Whale-Rider-winning-the-Oscar. And even though she's a good actress, that's quite low. Billy Crystal is hosting. Billy! Billy! I wanted to see Billy!

Even though I already have a good idea of who all the major awards will go to (Return of the King, Tim Robbins, Renee Zellwegger, Sean Penn or Bill Murray, Charlize Theron and Peter Jackson) I'm still feeling depressed. *sob*

I guess the thought of showing it on more than one channel never occurred to people here.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?