<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 22, 2004

And More... 

The conversation went like this:

"Hey!  I know you guys!"
"Um...yeah...what's up...?"
"I'm great.  Say, what are you girls doing tonight?"
"We're going to a cookout, so..."
"No problem, no problem.  Afterwards, how about you stop by my house and we'll talk some.  Have a few drinks, you know.  Nothing big.  Do you remember where I live?"

It was at this point in the conversation that the light changed, and one of the leaders just screamed "WALK!"  We never saw Javier again.

On Friday, we finished up with the kids.  A few of them cried when we left.  They gave us a few souvenirs, and then we were off.  We stopped in Detroit to go a Tigers game against the Yankees.  It cost $11.50 for a meal, which I thought was ridiculous.  The Tigers creamed the Yankees 8-0...at one point during the game the entire crowd started changing: "Yankees suck!  Yankees suck!"  There was one guy in front of us who kept cheering and standing whenever the Yankees made a decent play, which was kinda funny.

We then drove to Ohio and stayed in the Comfort Inn for the night.  I stayed up until 3 AM talking...then in the morning we were off again.  We watched 5 more movies, and finally we were home.

Whew.

Since then, I've been staying at my aunt's, and yesterday we visited Wake Forest.  Wake Forest was pretty cool except it's not diverse enough for my tastes.  We stayed in Fort Mill with the Shorts, old friends, and that was fun.  I met a cool guy who used to be in my dad's youth group who now teaches a course in analyzing films.  We went to his house and he had a huuuuge DVD collection.  He gave us a few extra books he had on film, and then we went back to the Shorts and watched Annie Hall, which was funny.  I don't think it deserved to beat Star Wars for Best Picture though, hehe.

Today we visited Duke.  It was awesome.  It's definitely the best of the schools I've seen so far. 

If God lived in a building, he would live in the Duke chapel.

Now we're back.  The End. 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?