<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Back From The Mountains 

I was awakened at 8:30 to go to breakfast. I could barely move. I stepped into the shower and my thoughts went something like this..."Can't. Move. Too. Tired. Water. Hot. Water. Hotter. Water hot! Water scalding! AAGGGHH! I'm awake I'm awake!" So we went to breakfast and I ate a huge gravy biscuit and some liver pudding. Woohoo, a good ol' southern breakfast!

Afterwards we went shopping. Actually we only went to two stores. Both of them were...underwear stores. My relatives (I'm not allowed to say who since it might embarass them - see, I can be nice!) spent a long time in there. It was so much fun...there were a billion possible jokes to make. I saw the biggest bra known to mankind. 3 people could fit inside it. There were thongs, which meant I got to say, "I want one! I want one!" They had these adhesive bra things which make it look like the girl isn't wearing a bra. There was a brand called "Magicups" and "Barely There". Plus they had those nipple coverings like Janet Jackson word to the Super Bowl! And Wonderbras (which made me comment, "Kinky"). Yes, it wasn't too bad since there was so much to make fun of. However, it's worth mentioning that one of the stores was definitely sexist. Only one tiny corner was for men's stuff. The rest was all for women. The mannequins were scary. They had no heads, arms or legs. And they had nipples. It's a waste of material just to make them anatomically correct. They should save money by not being so detailed.

After that we went to this one store where a friend of "one of my relatives" (I'm not allowed to say, remember?) was looking for something specific. They evidently didn't notice what other things the store sold. There were perverted posters and bumper stickers and pins. And sex toys. And an "Adults Only" section in the back. Great Christian place, eh? My "relative" freaked out when she realized it...

After that we went to Big Lots and bought stuff to sneak into the movie theater. We had been planning to go see Collateral, but the theater is only open from 7-9:45 on weekdays! What kind of theater does that? We went to see The Bourne Supremacy instead. It was pretty good, but the first one was better. The worst part of the whole movie was the style of directing. It's like they used a handheld camera. Everything is really shaky. After a while I got used to it but sometimes it was really frustrating. During the action scenes there were too many cuts. I couldn't keep track of what was going on. Overall though, a very good movie. Worth the price of admission.

So we went back to the house, packed up, and drove back to High Point. My grandparents went to bed before 9 o'clock. I went over to my aunt's house because now I can use the computer. Like I'm doing now. Hehe. In exchange I helped fix a problem they were having.

Ok. Update finished.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?