<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Back Home 

All right, quickly...Saturday night I watched Dogma with my aunt. On Sunday I woke up early, went to church, and I saw Collaterral, or however you spell that (it's late and I'm in a hurry). Tom Cruise is the man. He plays a villain and he plays one very well. Jamie Foxx shows he really CAN act. The directing is superb, and the way it all ties together at the end is fantastic. It's quite possibly my favorite movie of the summer other than Shrek 2.

I went to Krispy Kreme late at night, then came home and slept for about 3-4 hours. I woke up at 3:45, got dressed, helped pack, etc. We went to the airport. I had this life-size cardboard standup of Arnold Schwarzenegger I was lugging around...we weren't sure whether or not it could go on the plane. After lots of complicated things, the lady at the Continental desk let me check it as an extra piece of baggage and didn't charge me tons of money to do it. That was surprising, since it was early and she hadn't seemed very friendly before. But she went through a lot of trouble to do it. Lady, I don't know your name, but for that you deserve to be Da Woman of Da Week.

To make a long story short: We got bumped and ended up taking a flight to Newark. Then we took another flight to Houston. I slept through both of these...I was a zombie. Then we flew to San Salvador. I watched Man on Fire on the plane, which I thought was overrated. Then we got here...and Arnold had made it safely! Woohoo!

So now I'm here. We thought the Puerta would be at our house, but since we arrived later than expected and the leaders couldn't get through to us, they held it at another place. So I went over there. James stayed home and slept. Party pooper. It was great seeing everyone again. So I came home, and put up Ah-nold. He's looking at me right now with this look on his face that seems to say, "I can't believe you put me through all that, but I made it. I'm da man."

And now I should probably sleep. Nighty night.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?