<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Finally Here 

Okeydokey. We didn't go to the mountains when we had planned. Instead, we stayed in High Point. I watched Joy Ride on tv, which was an okay movie I guess. Some parts were awesome, and others were just dumb. There's just something not right about people being chased by a truck. Afterwards, James and I watched Iron Monkey, this Chinese kung-fu movie. It's basically Robin Hood...in China...with kung-fu. Awesome stuff. People fight on rooftops, on poles, with poles, with umbrellas, etc. I think my favorite part was when a lady got kicked at a guy, then kicked by another through a wall. Hilarious stuff. Or maybe I'm a sadistic psychopath.

Anyways, we left this morning and now we're finally in Boone. I've been here at the computer watching movie trailers and stuff. Batman Begins looks like it might actually be a decent Batman movie. And it has Christopher Nolan (Memento) directing it, so I have my hopes up. A Sound of Thunder is based on an awesome short story by Ray Bradbury, but the trailer makes me think the movie's gonna suck. The CG is awful. Learn from Jurassic Park, people! Use robots if you can. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy teaser was funny, though it didn't show anything from the movie. Hopefully it will at least be as funny as the book, though I doubt that can be accomplished. By far the best trailer I saw was for this movie called Team America: World Police. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard during a preview. It's just so...different. Yet hilarious. You'll have to watch it to watch it here to see what I mean.

Now James is bugging me to get off. Oohh, look at all the pretty bold letters!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?