<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 30, 2004

I Hate Mondays 

Let's see...Saturday night I watched The Thin Red Line. I had heard that it was excellent, one of the best war movies ever, so I was feeling optimistic about it. I knew it would be artsy. Unfortunately, I was unprepared for just how artsy it would be. I can usually handle slow-moving movies, but at times this one just dragged on for too long. Sometimes the "artsy stuff" was great, and really added a lot to the feel of the film, but other times - especially near the end - it all just got too repetitive. Jim Cavaziel rules though. I'd say at least half an hour could have been cut off the total running time, and it still would have been very artsy without slowing down the pace of the movie too much. Also, I couldn't figure out what the film was trying to say. There were all these voiceovers where the narrator asks questions about nature, and man, and human nature, and good vs. evil...unfortunately, the movie doesn't take time to attempt to answer those questions. At least not that I could see. By the end, I was thinking, "Overall, a pretty good war movie...but what was the point?" However, I can't end there. I have to mention one incredibly awesome shot: it's on the battlefield, bullets are flying everwhere, you can hear explosions in the distance...the camera focuses on a couple of men running frantically up a hill. And then, out of nowhere, so fast that if you blink you'll miss it...a bright blue butterfly flutters across the shot. Amidst all the chaos, something beautiful can still be seen. Genius.

Good movie, but not one I'll probably be seeing again any time soon. Definitely not on par with Saving Private Ryan, or my personal favorite war movie, Platoon.

Went to church Sunday. Relaxed. Now it's Monday. I hate Mondays. They are the worst day of the week, followed by: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday, Saturday. Mankind made a big mistake by creating Mondays. Though I guess if they didn't exist, I would hate Tuesdays.

Life is tough. School is hard and boring, and overall sometimes my head just feels cramped. Like there's no space to breathe. Thankfully I have friends to cheer me up. Without you, I'd have nothing to do but sit and wallow in despair. And that's rather boring in and of itself.

It's big blank space time!











































































Don't you just love staring at nothing?

Always remember: you're unique. Just like everyone else.

Da Quote of Da Moment:
"If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is ‘God is crying’. And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is ‘Probably because of something you did’."
- Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?