<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 19, 2004

School Time...Zzzzzzzzz... 

Waking up at 5:30 wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. My backpack is at the tailor's being repaired, so I have to lug around my gym bag full of books for a few days. Fun fun fun.

The official school day began with an assembly, as usual. It turns out that the rising juniors scored even better on their IGCSEs than my class did. NO! Our legacy is over! Oh well...at least we can rest assured knowing we will go down in school history as being the first class where everyone passed. The headmaster (that's the head of the school for those of you who don't speak British) was so enthusiastic about it. He claimed that the staff was "delighted" as the results. That's about as much praise they received. But that's the Brits for ya...always taking things so seriously. After that they introduced a few new teachers, some new students - one of whom is a girl named Alexandra who's in my class - and then we went to our "tutor period". Translation: home room.

We have a new "tutor" this year, since Ms. Forsyth became a Year Head: Mr. Stevens. He shouts a lot, but in a good way. Seems like a nice guy. We did the usual beginning of term stuff: get your locker, fill out your schedule, vote for student council representatives, yadda yadda yadda. It was rather dull. Then we had a 15-minute break, and it was time for Computer Studies. They're building a new Performing Arts center, and the construction did something to screw up the power supply, and we couldn't use the computers. But no matter. The teacher explained what we were going to do for the next few weeks, and the year in general. Boy oh boy...I just can't wait to do all that work and start a huge programming project in October...

Yeah, that was sarcasm.

After that, I went to English. Zzzzzzz. We're going to be studying the poetry of William Blake. Woohoo. Lunch was uneventful. Then I tried to stay awake in Math and remember what the heck differentiation was. I was successful...to some extent. Plus, we're going to have more math projects to do, too! Isn't that great? Thankfully, I don't take the General Studies course (it's required for Salvadoreans), so I got to end the day with a free period. Yay. Then there was a surprise meeting about CAS (the community service I have to do), which was really boring and didn't do me much good. I came home, wrote a few emails, and then it was off to the orthodontist. Blegh. Luckily the appointment was short, and I don't have to see her again for 6 months. That's 6 months too soon...

Overall, the day was very unexciting. However, I did receive a few interesting comments from friends:

Comment: Aaaaayy Andrew! Te ves mas cholo!
Translation: Aaaayyy Andrew! You look more muscular and bulked-up!
What They Really Mean: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy Andrew! You are the sexiest guy on the school campus!

Comment: Andrew, thanks so much for switching lockers with me! I love you!
What They Really Mean: You are the nicest guy on the face of the earth. I love you!

Have no fear. Both of the people who said those things are girls.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?