<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, August 21, 2004

This is a Boring Title 

Last night I watched Deliverance, which was pretty good. "Dueling Banjos" is an awesome song. Hicks are evil homosexuals, and you should always wear a life jacket.

Hm, let's see. I slept 12 hours, so I woke up in a good mood and with a clear head. Sleep always helps. We picked up this new missionary from the airport...he'll be living in San Miguel. That's all I know. Seemed like a nice guy. I worked on some Calculus homework - dude, that stuff is hard. I always liked math...then I entered high school. I could only do part of the work, because I was sitting there looking at the questions thinking, "Ok...I know what that means, and I know what that means, but how the heck do they relate to each other again?" I know I probably did this kind of problem last year, but I just can't remember it. Hopefully other people are having the same problem and she'll explain it all on Monday.

Film Society will hopefully be an extracurricular activity this year! At least that guarantees people will show up every week. Which means they have to participate in the discussion or I could always lower their grade. Bwahahaha! Now I've got to send this thing to Mr. Johnson explaining what kind of things we'll be doing, rules, etc. And I also need to find an advisor. Hm. Maybe Mr. Lehmaan (or however you spell it) can do it...that'd be cool. I'll send him an e-mail and ask. Plus, I can let him know that I've started reading The Dubliners and I'll probably end up analyzing it for my Extended Essay. He was right. You read Joyce and at first you think, "What is the point of this?" but I'm positive there's more to it. I get the feeling that there's a whole ton of stuff waiting to be analyzed and discussed that I just barely get a glimpse of.

I saw the trailer for Wes Anderson's new movie. I haven't seen Rushmore, but I did see The Royal Tenenbaums and enjoyed it. This one looks like it has a similar style, just because there's so many bright and vivid colors that he uses. It's called The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou and has a bunch of stars in it, including Bill Murray who's always in Anderson's films. I think it'll be pretty good. You can watch it yourself here.

Also, I have heard a sad rumor about the film with the hilarious trailer, Team America: World Police. Appparently, it might (I say might because it hasn't been confirmed yet) be rated NC-17 due to graphic "puppet sex". Now, I know the guys who made it are also responsible for South Park, but I didn't think it would be bad enough to warrant an NC-17 rating. I mean, just how graphic can you get when your entire cast of characters are puppets? Evidently pretty graphic. I hope it isn't so...*sob*

Quote of Da Moment:
Bethany: Sex is a joke in heaven?
Metatron: The way I understand it, it's mostly a joke down here too.
--Dogma

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?