<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 26, 2004

Woohoo! 8 Months! 

That title has a double meaning. Only one of you will understand. Bwahahaha...I feel evil.

And no, I won't tell the rest of you the other thing I'm referring to.

It's been nearly 8 months of blogging for me. And if my calculations are correct...that means I've posted, on average, once every 3.4 days. That is simply unacceptable. Shame on me! It should be somewhere around 1-2. I've gotten better these past months, I think. Hopefully I'll be posting steadily until the rest of the year, even if it's just a sentence or two.

Hm, something interesting happened today. I woke up and couldn't find my tie. Then one of the voices in my head said to me: "You left it hanging on the hook in the changing room, you doofus." To which I mentally replied: "Holy crap, you're right! I'm gonna die Mr. Morgan me va a matar holy shiznit whatamIgonnado...BRAIN. OVERLOAD." I got to school, and managed not to get asked by a teacher where my tie was (though if I got a dollar every time a classmate asked I'd be pretty wealthy). I checked the changing room. Not there. Soooo that meant it was off to the school shop to buy another one. Yay. At least this one isn't stained. I was putting in on as I walked to home room (which is kinda hard, but the ability to multi-task is the key to surviving high school), and thought I had actually made it. But then who should come strolling around the corner but the head of the science department, Mr. Gifford.

"You shouldn't be doing that now."
"I know."

And then who should follow him but Mr. Hobson. As in, the head of the entire school. More powerful than even Mr. Johnson. The Big Cheese. The Tribal Chief. The Big Kahuna. The Mega-Boss. He Who Controls All of What Happens at School. He Who Must Not Be Angered...

Yeah. That guy.

"Andrew, someone with the name Johnson really needs to be careful, or he'll reflect badly on someone else."
"mumble mumble...Okay."

So I turned the corner and there was Mr. Gifford again. He had been watching my little run-in with Mr. Hobson.

"Andrew, I thought you knew that you were supposed to get dressed at your house, not here at school."
"I know. Sorry."

Thankfully both of them were in a hurry, or I would have been forced to have a long conversation about it. Things could have been worse. It could have been Mr. You'd-Better-Obey-The-Rules-Or-It-Reflets-Badly-On-The-School-And-Therefore-On-Me Morgan.

What a wonderful, stress-free way to begin the day. School actually wasn't half bad today, though. Except my computer here at home for some reason won't compile what I program in C++. Which means I can't test to see if I'm doing it right. Bummer. One pretty good thing that happened was that I didn't have to go to CAS. Since not many people want to keep going to Hospital Bloom, the ones that do will go with 11th grade on Monday. Yay! I get a few more days of freedom from community service.

This might possibly end up being the best movie of the year. Or the past few years, from what I've heard. It's been released everywhere around the world except the USA, and it finally gets there tomorrow. This is the kind of movie worth United States ticket prices. Not many movies can make me say that...and I haven't even seen this one yet. Enjoy.

Da Woman of Da Week: Natalie Portman for appearing in this movie with the same style of hair she had in The Professional (which is awesome, by the way - from what I've heard, it's best to rent the international version though due to better editing). Do I think this movie will be good? I don't know. It certainly looks like a very serious movie, dealing with stuff like relationships and sex and love, etc. I think it's either going to be amazing or just horrible. Hm. And it looks like Clive Owen is finally becoming a popular leading man. Personally, I think I'll always just see him as "that guy from those awesome BMW short films".

Da Music of Da Moment:
The Grand Finale, from Edward Scissorhands
Composed by Danny Elfman

Da Quote of Da Moment:
"What's with all these awards? They're always giving out awards. Best Fascist Dictator: Adolf Hitler."
--Woody Allen in Annie Hall

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?