<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Cruel and Unusual 

Well, to cut a long story short, he got away with my snorkel
But I made a a solemn vow right then and there that I would not rest
I would not sleep for an instant until the one-nostrilled man was brought to justice
But first, I decided to buy some donuts

So I got in my car and I drove over to the donut shop
And I walked on up to the guy behind the counter
And he says "Yeah, what do ya want?"
I said "You got any glazed donuts?"
He said "No, we're outta glazed donuts"
I said "You got any jelly donuts?"
He said "No, we're outta jelly donuts"
I said "You got any Bavarian cream-filled donuts?"
He said "No, we're outta Bavarian cream-filled donuts"
I said "You got any cinnamon rolls?"
He said "No, we're outta cinnamon rolls"
I said "You got any apple fritters?"
He said "No, we're outta apple fritters"
I said "You got any bear claws?"
He said "Wait a minute, I'll go check"
"NO, we're outta bear claws"
I said "Well, in that case - in that case, what do you have?"
He says "All I got right now is this box of one dozen starving, crazed weasels"
I said "OK, I'll take that"

--Albuquerque, "Weird Al" Yankovic

I had PE today. We went swimming...the pool hadn't been heated. What followed was torture so unimaginable that it can only be described as "cruel and unusual punishment". Or, an hour and a half shivering and turning blue. I felt like a camel in the middle of Antarctica...in a blizzard. I wasn't made for that kind of environment! And then it started to rain. After what seemed like an eternity Mario finally let us get out and dry off. If hell ever freezes over, it will be like today in the swimming pool.

I just finished writing an essay for TOK about whether or not ethics are relative. I hope I get a good grade, but that topic was waaayy too hard. They should let us choose our own topic. Ethics and morality are complicated...though at least it means I don't have much trouble writing more than the required 1200 words.

And now I've got to go practice, so I can't continue. Oh well, that was my day.

Quote of Da Moment:
"Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable."
--C.S. Lewis

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?