<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 19, 2004

Eternal Sunshine... 

So I crawled from the twisted, burnin' wreckage
I crawled on my hands and knees for three full days
Draggin' along my big leather suitcase and my garment bag
And my tenor saxophone and my twelve-pound bowling ball
And my lucky, lucky autographed glow-in-the-dark snorkel
But finally I arived at the world famous Albuquerque Holiday Inn
Where the towels are oh so fluffy
And you can eat your soup right out of the ashtrays if you wanna
It's OK, they're clean

Well, I checked into my room and I turned down the A/C
And I turned on the SpectraVision
And I'm just about to eat that little chocolate mint on my pillow
That I love so very, very much when suddenly, there's a knock on the door

Well now, who could that be?
I say "Who is it?"
No answer
"Who is it?"
There's no answer
"WHO IS IT?"
They're not sayin' anything

--Albuquerque, "Weird Al" Yankovic

Today I saw Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I loved it I loved it I loved it. It was even better than I thought it would be. Da Man of Da Week is Jim Carrey. I thought he was possibly even better in this than in The Truman Show. In The Truman Show there were scenes where he got to act a little crazy, kinda like his old comic-funny-guy-self. But not in this one. He was dead serious the entire time. One of my favorite parts was near the beginning when he and Clementine first step out onto the frozen river. If that section of dialogue isn't the perfect metaphor for a relationship, I don't know what is.

Finally, a movie where the characters are flawed! A movie that shows the audience that it's okay to make mistakes. Mistakes make us who we are, and without them part of us is lost. I am going to seriously consider buying this film on DVD, and possibly writing a review of it once I finish (or rather, start) my Fight Club analysis.

Go see this movie. You will not regret it.

Quote of Da Moment:
"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, prepare to die."
--Klingon Proverb, Star Trek

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?