<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Happy Independence Day! 

Today is September 15, El Salvador's independece day. So I get to skip school. Hurray!

The Wests are here, which is why I haven't had a chance to update recently. Other than that, not much is going on. Yesterday I went with my class to a volcano in order to prepare for our "Group 4" science project on volcanism. We spent a total of 6 hours on the bus, which was not fun. Thankfully, there were movies. Terminator 3 I had already seen, but it was cool. Hellboy...well, don't believe the critics. It sucks. I had kinda wanted to see it because critics had said it was "just fun" and "in the spirit of Indiana Jones". Indiana Jones? Indiana Jones?! Let's get something straight. Indiana Jones is a fun, campy series that is good. Hellboy is not fun, it's even below campy, and it's just plain stupid. Plus, most of the time, I couldn't figure out what was going on. Hellboy got on earth how? And he's from where? Huh? Don't waste your money watching this piece of crap.

And I hear they're working on a sequel. It's at times like these when I hate Hollywood.

The volcano was cool - basically just a small lake in the middle of a crater. My group just took a variety of samples from everywhere, because we still aren't sure what our specific topic will be. pH, chemicals in the water, fertility...something like that. I took off my shoes and waded into the water up to my ankles. Everyone else were cowards. "Oh no! The water's green! Eeewww!" Relax. A little sulfur never hurt anyone.

I probably won't get to write a review/analysis of Fight Club until this weekend. But it doesn't matter, since I keep thinking about it and realizing new things I hadn't noticed at first.

Until next time...

Quote of Da Moment
"I am become death, shatterer of worlds."
--Robert J. Oppenheimer (citing the Bhagavadgita, about witnessing the world’s first nuclear explosion)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?