<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 06, 2004

I'm Filming Something...Yay! 

Today was a pretty good day, though rather uneventful. I came home and started my homework, but thankfully I had already done most of it over the weekend, so I didn't have much.

I really want to start filming some short films. Unfortunately, I have no equipment. No tripod, no editing software, no digital camera. Nada. Zip. Zero. However, I did manage to get my hands on this old JVC video camcorder. So this afternoon I spent some time filming random stuff, seeing how the lighting worked, whether or not sound recorded, etc. It's not as bad as I thought it would be. Then James got an idea, and we started filming a little short movie together.

It's supposed to be a dark comedy starring yours truly. We've only shot a few minutes of it so far; it's kind of hard when you don't have any way to edit, so you're forced to shoot each specific shot in sequence. It can take a while. We should be able to finish it up tomorrow, when we shoot the scenes that require being outdoors. At this point, I think it's a bit too dark. There's nothing really funny about it yet, other than my, um, terrific acting skills. Hopefully we'll be able to put in some jokes tomorrow so it doesn't end up being this really depressing short film.

Anywho, that's all for now. Wish me luck with filming. Hopefully next week I'll be able to film something with Andrew West when he comes to visit. I've got an idea brewing.

Quote of Da Moment:
"Filmmaking is a chance to live many lifetimes."
--Robert Altman

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?