<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 12, 2004

I'm So Gooooood 

"I'm probably going to be sick tonight."
--Me, in yesterday's post

Yeah. I was right. I slept for about an hour and a half (though it felt like 6) before getting sick. Fun fun fun. Let this be a lesson to all of you. Never eat nothing but sweet and salty stuff for dinner (and in large quantities). You'll regret it.

I ended up going with my dad to a church other than Seguidores today. I really hated it...no offense to the church. Like the majority of hispanic churches, I got the impression it was the ultra-conservative "don't-drink-don't-smoke-don't-dance" type of church. Those types of churches really don't appeal to me. The pastor couldn't seem to figure out what his sermon was on. He kept skipping around to different subjects. He started talking about how television is evil; now, don't get me wrong, the majority of shows these days are terrible and immoral, but not all of them are. Also, maybe he just chose his words poorly, but he came across to me as extremely homo-phobic. I seriously considered getting up and walking out. Not only was I sleepy, but what he said really irritated me. I can't wait to go back to Seguidores next week. They're not as rigid and formal.

Well, I can't find my copy of House of the Spirits, and I can't finish my big English world literature essay until I do. I'll ask for another copy tomorrow. I've written as much as I can without it. The essay is supposed to be between 1450 and 1500 words. I think I've done pretty well without the book. I was able to find most of the general information on the Internet, I just need the book to insert some supporting quotes. I've got 1420 words so far, and it's very possible that once I add more quotations it will be over the word limit. I thought it would be hard to get to 1500 words, but I'll probably end up editing some stuff out. But yay, 97% of the work is done! And I did my Computers homework, so that's all for this weekend. Oh yeah. I'm goooooood.

I finished Fight Club. Awesome. Movie. I want to watch it again already. The best David Fincher movie I've seen...yes, even better than Se7en. There's so much to analyze...if I end up writing a review who knows how long it will be. It has so many true things to say about humanity today, particularly the male "Generation Xers" (20-30 year olds). I was right about the twist ending...stupid tv show. But not all was lost. In the last 60 seconds some really unexpected stuff happened. I didn't really understand it all...the dialogue and mood could imply any number of things. I'll probably watch the last scene again before I try to write a review, so I can make some sense of the ambiguity.

I will never look at soap the same way again.

Quote of Da Moment:
"You laugh at me because I am different, but I laugh at you because you are all the same."
--Unknown


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?