<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 12, 2004

Well That Was...Unexpected 

Heh. This afternoon turned out to be not as boring as I thought it would be.

My dad and I got about 3/4 of the way through Fight Club. Then the phone rang. It was Souwa, inviting me to go have coffee with her and some friends. Now, considering the fact that I had really looked forward to going out with them yesterday but didn't get to, of course I immediately said yes. Never mind the fact that I was still in my pajamas (though I had taken a shower) and in the middle of watching a movie I had been waiting to see for a long time. I hurried up, got dressed, then my parents drove me to El Paseo. They decided to just spend time at Florence so they wouldn't have to come pick me up again.

Souwa was there with her cousin, Karen, and Miguel. I had some coffee, we sat and talked, etc. Then suddenly Souwa said, "Hey do you want to go to the movies with us? We're going to go see Mean Girls in an hour." Naturally I said yes. Wow, what a spontaneous day. Anyways, in the end we decided to go see Collateral instead. I rode with Souwa (who has a cool little red car) and her cousin. In the car she played Chinese music. That is sooooooo awesome! Now I really want to learn it.

Souwa really enjoyed the movie, but the others didn't; they felt it didn't live up to the expectations. Fortunately, Souwa is like me and realizes a great movie when she sees it, hehe. She really got into it. Every once in a while I would look over at her and she would have this look of pure nervousness on her face - this "Oh-no-what's-gonna-happen-someone's-gonna-die-no-no-no look. Karen on the other hand, got bored. But she hates movies and gets bored in every single one, so that wasn't a big surprise. It's kind of funny going to the movies with her though, because something really bad will happen (eg. someone dying, or in this case a cell phone's battery running low), and she'll just start laughing. That's when you realize, "Okay fine, so maybe it is just a kinda cheesy plot device." But oh well. It was still a good movie. Maybe I'll write a review.

I bought this huge box of popcorn and a large soda to share with everyone. But they hardly ate anything, and nobody took a sip of the drink. So I spent the entire movie munching on popcorn. I'm probably going to be sick tonight. But that's life. I might as well enjoy it while I can.

After the movie, we all just kind of stood around while figuring out what to do next. They weren't sure whether or not to go eat something. But the food court was closed, so in the end we just left and Souwa dropped me off at my house. I got to stand outside in the rain. Yay! Standing and dancing in the rain is fun.

On Fight Club: My dad is already in bed so I won't get to finish watching with him until tomorrow. That really sucks because I can't wait to see what happens. I haven't even finished it and I already think it's one of my favorite movies. It's incredible. David Fincher rules. I think there's a twist ending, but I saw something on tv about it a few months ago and so I think I already know it. That really gets on my nerves - why do people have to ruin the movie like that? I hope I'm wrong, though from what I've seen so far, I'm not. But oh well, it's still a great movie. There are so many good quotes. If there's one thing I can say about this movie so far, it's that it really makes me glad I have Jesus. Otherwise, I'd probably be like these characters. *shudders*

Hm. Three blog posts in one day. Is that a record for me?

And so ends the three-year anniversary of September 11. I wasn't going to mention it, but I changed my mind. Even though it gets on my nerves that it seems I can't go a day without someone mentioning that fateful day 3 years ago, that doesn't change the fact that a lot of good people (as well as probably a lot of bad people) died, and they deserve to be remembered. God bless the families of the victims.

Quote of Da Moment:
"You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world."
--Tyler Durden, Fight Club

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?