<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 18, 2004

Aaaaaagggghhhh Application 

I got home from school and found out that my transcript, application, and fee is all due at NC State by November 1. Wonderful. I thought it was just the application. It's gonna be close...

I spent hours writing 3 stupid essays for the application. The maximum length they can be is 500. No, not words. Characters. Including spaces. And I only have one thing to say...

WHO THE HECK CAN WRITE A DECENT ANSWER TO A QUESTION IN 500 FREAKIN' CHARACTERS?!

I'm usually pretty concise when I write stuff for school. But there's a difference in writing boring facts and showing your personality through what you write. I can do one without writing a lot. But the other takes up more (and usually bigger) words. For the first question I was supposed to name some hardships I've gone through and how I've conquered them. Do they really think I'll be able to do that for more than one event in my life and explain it well? I'm not even happy with my current answer, and that's just for one! For the second question: Explain why I want to choose English as my major. Sheesh. English isn't the only thing I want to study a lot, I just chose it from the list! I have a lot of other things I want to study too. And how can I explain why I want to concentrate on what will end up playing a major role in the rest of my life in 500 characters?! The third question was easier: Explain whether or not you think diversity is important for education. I live in Central America. I'm surrounded by diversity, and it helps. A little hard to say everything in 500 characters, but easier than the other two questions.

Tomorrow I have to work on my "personal statement" about myself that's got to be 3/4 a page long. Wonderful. I had a hard enough time writing 1500 characters. I'm starting to really hate this whole college application thing. At least the part where I have to actually write something.

Punch-Drunk Love was a really good movie. Adam Sandler pulled a Jim Carrey and showed he can act in a drama and be really good. The photography and editing and directing was awesome. Music was cool too. I also just saw Stand By Me, which was excellent as well. The song "Stand By Me" sounds cool when played slowly with strings. Although the main actors were kids, they did a surprisingly good job.

*sigh*

CAS and more application stuff tomorrow. I can't wait. And now it's time to end the week of Woody Allen quotes.

Quotes of Da Moment:
"What if everything is an illusion and nothing exists? In that case, I definitely overpaid for my carpet."
--Woody Allen

"What if nothing exists and we're all in somebody's dream? Or what's worse, what if only that fat guy in the third row exists?"
--Woody Allen

"Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening at once."
--Woody Allen

"When we played softball, I'd steal second base, feel guilty and go back."
--Woody Allen

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?