<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, October 08, 2004

God Has a Sense of Humor 

I'm in my free period right now, and I don't have anything to do...so...it's blogging time!

God has a sense of humor. It's amazing. Sometimes I think He just sits up in heaven, looks down at us, and laughs at how stupid we can be sometimes. And how blind we are. And how we focus so much on how messed up our lives are when He's blessed them so much!

It's true what they say. History repeats itself. It really does. The question is: once you realize it's repeating itself, what are you gonna do about it? That's the million dollar question. Are you gonna wait and see if things turn out differently? Or are you gonna do everything you can to make sure they turn out differently? Or are you just gonna sit back, relax, forget about how confusing and weird life can be, and just enjoy it? Right now I'm leaning towards the third option. But who knows...things change.

A wise person once told me, "Give it time" - you know who you are! And she was right. The world needs to calm down and breathe a little. These days it's always work work work time time time I've gotta do this before I die I've gotta do it! Relax. Be patient. The best things in life arrive after:

1) Taking risks.
2) You learn to enjoy life without them.

If you can't survive without a new car, or a boyfriend/girlfriend, or a best friend, or a good grade...what makes you think you'll survive with one? The odds are you won't. It's too easy to think that if we could just have that one thing, life would be better. Newsflash: Life isn't about vague ideas. Life is about living. Life is about action. Life is about being content even during the bad times, because they make us who we are. Life is about acceptance. Life is about Christ (the one thing that will always make things better). Life is about learning to accept yourself. Until you learn to live with yourself, what makes you think you'll be able to enjoy the pleasure of other things and other people? The world needs to wake up and realize that the only place they'll find happiness is when they find Christ, and when they learn to love themselves! And I'm not talking about selfishness. I'm talking about self-confidence. Self-esteem. Accepting all your faults. Then you can make the step to move on to others. Then you can truly live.

As one character in Eternal Sunshine put it: "I'm not a concept. Too many guys think I'm a concept or I complete them or I'm going to make them alive, but I'm just a fucked up girl who is looking for my own peace of mind. Don't assign me yours."

Stop focusing so much on ideas and concepts and in the end what are small things, and focus on life! People wander around so confused and lost, and the answer's right there in front of their faces. God is so much smarter than you, what makes you think that what you want is right? What makes you think you've got things figured out? What makes you think what you want is going to happen? Odds are, it's not! Once you learn to live with that, you can start focusing on what does happen. And you can enjoy it, no matter what it is.

Until then, maybe God sits back with popcorn and enjoys the comedy...when will we ever learn?

Quote of Da Moment:
"We got no food, no jobs...our PET'S HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!"
--Dumb and Dumber

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?