<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 31, 2004

Happy Halloween! 

Happy day of spooks and monsters and zombies and witches and oh-now-I've-got-the-willies!

Yesterday was an okay first day of vacations. I slept until noon. Relaxed until 2:05, when I went to see The Village with my family. It was pretty good, though definitely the worst of M. Night "I-Bet-You-Can't-Guess-The-Ending" Shyamalan's four films. The whole old-fashioned way of speaking got on my nerves, and the ending needed a little more oomph, you know what I mean? It felt kind of anti-climactic to me. There needed to be either another twist entirely, or everything leading up to the one he used should have played out better. Overall, not bad.

Then I came home and watched The Godfather for the second time (I bought it over the summer), just because I want to watch the second one this week and I needed to be reminded of everything that happened in the first. Awesome. Movie. I don't agree with people that it's the greatest movie of all time (that's definitely overdoing it), but it definitely is excellent. And it has that cool Italian music. And lots of mafia shoot-em-up action. Yessiree, it's a good one. Supposedly the sequel is actually better (both the first and second won the Academy Award for Best Picture), so I'll see if I agree with that later this week.

Today I went to church. Came home. Took a practice SAT II test for the Math 2C section. Holy Vietnamese Salmon, it was hard compared to the SAT I math section! I made 630, which I guess isn't bad...considering I didn't finish, left tons of questions blank, and only got 50% right. I hope I can bring that up by Saturday.

Since it's Halloween, tonight we'll be watching a scary movie. Now, let's think about this. Halloween + Sunday = scary religious movie. What better movie to watch than...The Exorcist? I can't believe my brother and I actually convinced our parents to let us see it. This is the movie that was banned in England (and probably by the Catholic church, as well). This is the movie that if you mention around many Christians, their eyes go wide and they gasp in surprise. As in, the one that's about the little girl who gets possessed by a demon and she throws up pea soup and her head turns around 360 degrees and whoatheresdefinitelysomethingsupernaturalgoingon. As in, the one that many Christians refuse to see because it's "demonic" and "Satanic" and "evil".

Hm. On the other hand, I've heard some people say it's one of the most spiritual, religious movies ever made. I'll post my thoughts soon.

Quote of Da Moment:
"The world moves for love. It kneels before it in awe."
--The Village

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?