<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, November 21, 2004

Empowerment Day 

*hums* I've got the power! Dum...dum, dum dum...

Hm, today I had to get to school by 7:15 for this annual activity they have for 11th and 12th graders called Empowerment Day. Basically, we all split into teams and do a bunch of activities designed to inspire teamwork, leadership skills, blah blah blah. Some of the activities weren't too bad, but others were kinda dull. And it lasted until around 4:30. That's more than 9 hours of being at school. On a Saturday. I am now convinced that the staff of the school's sole mission in life is to make our lives a living hell. Somebody bring some marshmallows.

Hm, I don't feel very empowered. You failed, stupid school, bwahahahaha! I resisted your attempts to make me conform to the rules of the system! Bwahahahaha! Who's laughing now?!

Oh wait, they are, because we still have school on Monday and the workload hasn't decreased at all. Ugh, they've covered all the angles.

After that, I went to get coffee with Souwa...we had a good conversation about this and that...and the caffeine really helped. Now I'm back home. I watched North By Northwest. It was good, as I remembered. I don't think I consider it Hitchcock's best though, at least of the ones I've seen. And I can't believe they got away with that many sexual innuendos in 1959. Whoever wrote the script (I don't know if Hitch did or not) should have written Bond movies or something.

Life is good. End of story.

Quotes of Da Moment:
"Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together."
--Woodrow Wilson

"All love that has not friendship for its base, is like a mansion built upon the sand."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?