<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 01, 2005

And So It Begins... 

Happy 2005 everyone!

I ended 2004 by sleeping late and having fun filming a few shots for that original short film I've been meaning to make for some time that isn't for school. My first goal for 2005: Finish it.

*sigh*

It's time to remember 2004 and what happened. Fun fun fun. Going through specifics would take too long. So I'll just keep it short and sweet.

2004 was a year of surprises. Period. Some surprises were good. Some were bad. Some were joyful. Some were depressing. Some were trivial. Some were life-changing. But I'm still here. It's interesting to look back and compare this time of year to last year. Last year I was coming out of a huge depression and entering into one of the happiest times of my life. This year I'm living quite comfortably in a time of happiness and peace.

The irony is that last year's depression and this year's happiness have the same origen (to some extent). God sure has a way of turning things around. Hindsight is an incredible gift; it allows us to look back and go, "Oooohh so that's why I had to go through that...it happened so that could happen...that good thing never would have come about if that terrible thing hadn't happened..." It's just a further reminder that He's got everything under control and part of a big, humongous plan which we can't even begin to try to guess.

Life is a roller coaster. God is the cart, taking us through the ups and downs and sometimes the loops. 2005 is going to be an interesting year, that's for sure. For me, it will be a year of change. At least there's One thing that I know will stay constant.

Oh, and today, January 1, is the official 1-year anniversary of this blog. Unlike my movie reviews page, I've managed to update this pretty often. Hopefully I'll be able to keep it up. Maybe I'll switch a few minor things on the template to start off the new year.

Happy New Year people. May it be a good one.

Quotes of Da Moment:
"And I said to the man who stood at the gate of the year: Give me a light. that I may tread safely into the unknown. And he replied: Go out into the darkness and put your hand into the hand of God. That shall be to you better than light, and safer than a known way."
--Minnie L. Haskins

"Glory to God in highest heaven,
Who unto man His Son hath given;
While angels sing with tender mirth,
A glad new year to all the earth."
--Martin Luther

"A happy New Year! Grant that I
May bring no tear to any eye
When this New Year in time shall end
Let it be said I've played the friend,
Have lived and loved and labored here,
And made of it a happy year."
--Edgar A. Guest

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?