<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, December 19, 2004

Movie Madness 

Today I woke up and practiced for my driving test. It turns out I won't be taking it tomorrow after all. I really need to practice more with my parents' car. It's waaaayy more sensitive than the beat-up ACES one. Which means I need to learn how to operate the clutch all over again. Wonderful.

I managed to survive that experience. Church was good. After that, I came home and finished watching The Crow. I know, I know, I have no integrity whatsoever. So sue me. It actually wasn't that bad. The first half hour is where all the freaky weird stuff happens. But is it a good movie? No. Just okay. Good if you you just want to watch some guy in strange makeup kill a bunch of people. I bet Goths watch it for stress relief all the time.

So began the movie madness. At 3:45 I went to the theaters to see The Incredibles. Good movie. It's not Pixar's best though - I think that award goes to Monsters, Inc. for the time being. Or maybe Finding Nemo, but I have to see it again. The Incredibles is really good, but in terms of comedy not quite as funny. I mean, yeah, I probably had a big smile on my face for the entire movie, but there were only a few points where I actually laughed out loud. Or maybe it's just that my sense of humor is changing. I don't know. In terms of everything else though, it was great. Some of the ideas were really clever. Loved the whole cape and monologuing issues. Nice superhero spoofs.

Oh, and the music rocks. It's like a mix between superhero themes, Mission Impossible and James Bond. Awesome. Perfect score for the film.

After that, I went to Diego's birthday party and saw Resident Evil on his new big-screen tv. I had never seen it all from start to finish. It's pretty good, for a zombie movie. At least there was an attempt at plot/character development.

So yeah. It seems the gods of Hollywood had conspired to turn my vacation time into movie watching insanity. Ah well. Things could be worse.

I have to finish most of my college essays by Wednesday though. That's my goal. Tomorrow I just want to at least complete the one I'm working on for Duke. Then I'll go to Karen's birthday party. Yay!

Oh, and chances are I'll watch a movie.

Quote of Da Moment:
"Cigarette sales would drop to zero overnight if the warning said 'CIGARETTES CONTAIN FAT.' "
--Dave Barry

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?