<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Production Has Begun! 

Filming for Stuffed Fantasies is now underway. Booyah!

I filmed for about three and a half hours yesterday, and one and a half hours today. How much footage do I have? 30-35 minutes. It doesn't seem like a lot, but when you allow for the time it takes to set up everything, let your actors learn their lines, practice, and then shoot multiple takes, I guess that's not too bad for my first time.

I'd say that production is around 70% complete. I'm hoping to be in post-production by February 23 at the latest. If I had to predict what the worst aspects of the final product will be, I'd choose:

1) Lighting. I'm not a genius when it comes to lighting. And I don't like to take time to experiment. It's quite possible the lighting will change from one shot to the next.

2) Acting. None of my actors are professionals. Also, they did not learn their lines before shooting. However, that's forgiveable. Overall, I'd say the acting will turn out pretty good compared to most amateur films, especially those by a first-time director. Some lines are delivered perfectly. Others aren't. That's to be expected.

3) Cinematography. Some shots will most likely be repetitive. Hopefully I'll be able to mix up enough camera angles in editing so it has a nice flow.

I'm pretty optimistic about it though. I doubt I'll be winning anything (and I wouldn't be surprised if people absolutely hate it in the end), but I'm new at this, so hey, I'm not supposed to be Kubrick or Spielberg or Bergman or Fincher or Weir or Tarantino. My goal is just in the end to learn some stuff and have some fun. So far, I've definitely been accomplishing that.

Oh, and I'm going to have to figure out how to build a toy store in my house. I know how to do it. The only question is where I'll have room to put it. Should be fun.

Quote of the Moment:
"God writes a lot of comedy... the trouble is, he's stuck with so many bad actors who don't know how to play funny."
--Garrison Keillor

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?