<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 15, 2005

Survival 

I survived my first week back at school. I don't know how, but I did it. The entire week wasn't exactly great...the whole 12th grade class was basically zombies due to lack of sleep.

On another note: approximately 6 girls in my class got plastic surgery. This includes: liposuction, nose jobs, and boob jobs. Any doctor crazy enough to operate on 18-year old girls should not be allowed to practice medicine. And it's not like these girls needed it in anyway.

The world gets crazier and more false every day. Good times.

Also, yesterday I beat Half-Life 2. Holy crap. And I thought the first one was good! This one blew it out of the water. It started out kinda slow...with me thinking it was overrated. Then I got into the actual storyline and characters, and I started reconsidering. It's that the first one didn't have a lot of depth to the story. You met a few characters but they were just there to help you kill aliens. Other than that, their actions didn't affect the storyline in any way. In this one, there were tons of characters, all of them fully-developed. And whereas in the first one you only really visited 3 different areas (the underground lab, the surface, and the alien planet) this one was filled with tons of location variety.

And it was looooong. Every chapter got better and better. The ending was filled with so many plot twists, I could only stare at the monitor in awe. The final sixty seconds are quite possibly the best ending to a game ever. It just hits you in the stomach. Hard. I couldn't stop thinking about it for a while afterwards. It's just too much. And it ended in a slightly similar way to the first one, except this time it's even more of a cliffhanger.

There has to be a Half-Life 3. Only then can I find out the answers to all the questions this game left in my head (and some of the ones still left over from the first game). Of course, like with this one, the world will have to wait another five years for that game to be released.

But if it's as good as this one or better, it will be well worth it. Is Half-Life 2 the best game of all time? It's debatable. But there's definitely a possibility...

Quote of the Moment:
"The walls we build around us to keep out the sadness also keep out the joy."
--Jim Rohn

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?