<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 09, 2005

Time to Get Back to Work 

Garden State is...different. But interesting. And good, though I'm not quite sure why I like it. I'll have to watch it again in the future.

Shaun of the Dead is a good, funny movie. The humor is very...er...British. And I don't mean that in a racist way. Different societies have different styles of humor. Sometimes what's funny to a group of one country isn't funny to people of another. For example: Monty Python and the Holy Grail is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. Shaun of the Dead is not as funny to me. But if my British teachers saw it, they would probabaly laugh a lot more than I did.

Ah, humor. So subjective. So cultural. So abstract.

Tomorrow the Christmas vacations officially end and I go back to working my butt off for a little slip of paper called a diploma. I've been in school now for what, 13 years? That piece of paper better be worth it.

Quote of Da Moment:
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
--Edward Clarke

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?