<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Happy SAD! 

I've been in exams, so there hasn't been much to update about. Today I don't have any tests, though, so I get to stay at home. Yay! Tomorrow I take my last one, and then I get a long weekend. Five days of freedom. Or should I say: five-days-of-finishing-up-that-4000-word-essay-and-TOK-presentation. Fun fun fun. Hopefully I'll be able to get all of that out of the way by Sunday, and then I'll have Monday and Tuesday to just chill.

Also: Monday was Valentine's Day. Happy S.A.D everyone! For those of you that don't know, SAD stands for Singles Awareness Day. Couples call it Valentine's Day. Single people call it SAD. It's the day when those of us who have a girlfriend/boyfriend get to rub it in the faces of all those who don't. Woohoo! Yes, I know Valentine's Day was created by Hallmark to sell cards and chocolates. Yes, I know that we should love each other every day of the year and not just one. Yes, I know that the main purpose of Valentine's Day is just to make single people feel like crap. But I don't care. It's still fun.

Since we had exams, Souwa and I sorta celebrated it yesterday. She came over to my house, we ate some good Italian food, and we watched a movie. Here's the weird part. We weren't sure if we were going to watch one movie or two. We had rented The Notebook (that movie was probably just invented for the sole purpose of being seen on Valentine's), but she said she wanted to watch an action movie first. So what did we end up watching? Fight Club. Yup. Two hours of men beating each other up and having strange psychological revelations. How's that for romance? Souwa actually made it through the whole thing and said that she liked it. But by the time it was finished it was too late to watch The Notebook. D'oh! I guess we'll have to watch it another time.

Speaking of Fight Club, David Fincher needs to hurry up and put out a new movie. He's supposedly working on a movie based on the true story of a serial killer. Hopefully it won't be too much like Se7en (though now that I think about it, that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing).

In other news: the new trailer for the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy movie can be viewed on Amazon here. I wish it was downloadable, so then I could watch more than 5-10 seconds at a time without my computer having to buffer it. But oh well. I wasn't sure this movie was going to be a good, faithful adaptation of the book, but now I think that it just might prove me wrong. It looks pretty funny and entertaining. We'll see what happens.

Dodgeball is overrated. And if Jamie Foxx does not win the Oscar for Ray (very good movie overall, though it doesn't deserve Best Picture) I will douse my television in gasoline and set it on fire. And then I'll send what's left of it to the Academy, as a way of letting them know that they screwed up even moreso than usual, and I might not tune in next year for the show because of it.

Of course, there's no way I'd miss it next year. But they don't have to know that.

Hm. Stuffed Fantasies is coming along well. I've got one more full scene to shoot, followed by some reshoots of a couple shots. I've begun editing what is filmed so far...once I've got the final product done in terms of structure I'll have to work on color correction and getting rid of motor noise in a few shots. It's not the most exciting work, but good color correction has the potential to make films look reeeeally high-quality and professional. Hopefully I'll be able to figure out how to do it.

Quote of Da Moment:
"With a gun barrel between your teeth, you speak only in vowels."
--Fight Club

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?