<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, May 13, 2005

No More School 

I finished my last exams today. It was a killer week....but now I'm done with high school! Woohoo! It still hasn't hit me yet that I don't have to go to school on Monday. Now I get to spend 3 weeks sleeping, eating, and watching movies.

In other news: Primer is an awesome movie. I rented it last weekend. It was a small little film made for $7000 that was only released in select cities, but it's great. It's about two guys that accidentally make a time machine. I understood most of it until about half way through, then I spent the rest of the movie going, "What's going on?" It's really complicated. Afterwards I got online to try to find an explanation, but I still didn't get it. So I watched the second half again. I think I understand the basics now, but the details are still fuzzy...even though it's confusing, it's still awesome once you realize everything that's going on beneath the surface. It's the definitely the best time travel movie I've seen since Donnie Darko.

A few weeks ago I also saw THX-1138, the first movie by George Lucas. It's waaaay different from Star Wars. It's kinda unclear and confusing about the funky society everyone lives in, but overall it's pretty good. It got really interesting near the end.

Episode III tickets go on sale at the theater I want to go to on Monday. I'm going to try to get tickets for a midnight showing. In the meantime, I'll be watching Episodes I and II again. The original trilogy has been on tv, and last night I saw the first 20 minutes of The Empire Strikes Back. That's when I was fully reminded of how much the originals are superior to the prequels. Let's hope Episode 3 is at least decent.

Natalie Portman shaved her head for her new movie, V for Vendetta, which is the newest movie by the Wachowski Brothers since the Matrix Trilogy. She looks really weird, and has this LUH (character from THX) thing going on. Picture here.

Hm. She should have done something like that for Episode 3.

Quote of Da Moment:
"Who's scruffy-looking?"
--Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?