<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Graduating is Boring 

I had my first rehearsal for graduation today. Holy crap. There is a definite possibility I am going to fall asleep during my own graduation ceremony. I have to walk in, sit in the back row on stage, and do nothing for probably 60-90 minutes while people give speeches and awards are handed out to people. Then I'll have to wait another 15-20 minutes for it finally to be my turn to get a diploma. This sucks. The teachers can't seem to understand why students can't sit in an uncomfortable chair with their legs together and their heads held high without moving for that long. If you fidget, yawn, scratch your nose, or swat away a bug that's flying near you, they'll get on your back about it. I'd like to see them try to do it. My legs were starting to feel like rubber and I was almost asleep by the time it was my turn to rehearse getting my diploma.

Tomorrow I have to go to another 3-hour rehearsal. Then most likely to another one on Wednesday. I think I've got it down by now. I don't need to go waste 6 more hours of my life.

In other news, tonight we took Mrs. Serrano out to dinner, which was fun. She's been an awesome teacher, and this was just our way of saying thank you. We went to Cebollines and I ate 5 tacos. Yum yum.

In other news: the script I wrote for another film festival was scheduled to be filmed this weekend. However, the director has just informed me that he has just gotten a job offer he can't refuse, and that they want him to start working this weekend. So it looks like my script won't be made into a movie just yet. That kinda sucks. But oh well, this gives me a chance to develop the idea more without the limit of time constraints. And there's always a chance someone will volunteer to try directing it this late in the game.

I have to get up early tomorrow to go to rehearsal. Kill me now, please.

Quote of Da Moment:
"A graduation ceremony is an event where the commencement
speaker tells thousands of students dressed in identical
caps and gowns that 'individuality' is the key to success."
--Robert Orben

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?