<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 13, 2005

Graduation Activities 

So I graduated on Thursday. It lasted a long time, but Hugo gave an awesome speech and I got crushed like a sardine at the end when everyone crowded in together to celebrate at the end.

The gala on Friday was pretty cool. The food wasn't too bad. Sonia was wearing a great dress. I got to dance for a while - yes, that's right, to all you Baptists reading this, I danced. I guess I'm going to hell now.

One thing I have noticed about Salvadorean teenagers is that they tend to decide to do something, go through a lot of effort to do it, and then not end up doing it. At 2 AM everyone decided to go to a discotec called Code to party some more. When we got there, people started complaining about how they didn't have enough money to get in or didn't want to dance anymore. All I want to know is why they decided to drive over there to begin with!

Then, we decided to go to Claudia's house and sit around for a few hours until we could go eat breakfast at 6. So we sit around, talking. It was kinda boring for me - none of the conversation was particularly exciting. Then at 6, we drove to McDonald's, and it was closed. Go figure. So I went home and slept until 2 in the afternoon.

Overall, though, I had a good time. Since then I've just been relaxing and trying to catch up on sleep. That's basically it. In two weeks I'm off to Guatemala for Mission Meeting, then to the USA to start college in August. Time flies.

Quote of Da Moment:
"Colleges are like old-age homes, except for the fact that more people die in colleges."
--Bob Dylan

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?