<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Howard Hughes and the Smiths 

I saw The Aviator. Great movie. DiCaprio does a great job, but I still think the Academy was right to give Foxx the Oscar. As for whether or not it was robbed for Best Picture...it's hard to say. I think Scorsese was robbed for Best Director though.

Also, I just got back from seeing Mr. & Mrs. Smith. Awesome movie. In terms of just pure fun and entertainment, it was excellent. Lots of action, lots of comedy. And yet, for the thinking crowd, there's tons of little details and symbols to analyze. I'd offer examples, but then the whole world would realize just how much of a geek I am and how IB English has affected my ability to watch movies. It was also kind of nice to see a pro-marriage movie come out of Hollywood.

If you watch it, look closely to find a reference to one of Brad Pitt's other movies. You gotta love little nods like that.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?