<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, June 05, 2005

In Good Company and Shaolin Soccer 

I saw two movies today:

In Good Company - A pretty good movie. Dennis Quaid needed something like this to show people he hasn't stopped acting in movies that are good. It's kind of weird to see Topher Grace acting serious - it's hard to get the image of Eric from That 70s Show out of my head. It wasn't as much of a chick flick as I thought it would be - the romance wasn't focused on as much as the trailers made it appear. I liked it. It's a good movie to rent if you're just looking for something light, but not too light, and dramatic, but not too dramatic. It has a nice balance of both.

Shaolin Soccer - The directorial debut of Chinese director Stephen Chow. All I have to say is, wow. He's taken an original concept and made it work. This movie shows what you get when you mix kung fu, soccer, and Looney Tunes-style-humor all together. It's exaggerated, it's fun, it's funny, it's campy, it's good. The CG effects aren't spectacular, but help to give it a cartoony feel. Now I really want to see Kung Fu Hustle, Chow's latest film.

My grandparents come in tomorrow. Woohoo! And after a disappointing event yesterday (there was basically 10 minutes of "event", and the other couple of hours was spent mingling), I start graduation rehearsals on Monday. Supposedly there will be three 3-hour rehearsals on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I think 9 hours is overkill. One day should be enough. How hard is it to walk down an aisle, shake hands, and grab a piece of paper?

Quote of Da Moment:
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
--Groucho Marx

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?