<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Failed The Test 

So I went to take the test to get my driving learner's permit here. Failed it.

I passed the vision test and the road sign test. Then it was on to the driving knowledge test. I had to sit at this touch-screen computer and answer 25 questions. Once you got 6 wrong, you failed.

I had studied all the important stuff. Unfortunately, I hadn't studied the unimportant stuff, and that's what killed me. I messed up on questions like, "How do you pass farming equipment?" I mean, really, only down South would you get asked a question like that...

Oh well. I'll look through the manual again tonight and go back tomorrow to try again. I was on question 23 or 24 when I failed it, so that's a good sign.

In other news: I saw The Shining last night. I hadn't seen the whole thing before. It's an awesome movie, and definitely one of my favorite horror films, even though it's more suspenseful than actually scary. Kubrick really was a genius. The directing was perfect - awesome use of colors to create mood and tension. It also ties with Fight Club in terms of what I think is the Best Use of Nudity in a Film. When it's not gratuitous, nudity really can be add a lot to a scene. Now I really want to see how Kubrick uses it in Eyes Wide Shut. That probably sounds perverted, but I don't mean it like that.

Oh, and Serpico is a so-so movie. Felt kinda disjointed at times.

Quote of Da Moment:
"Redrum! Redrum!"
--The Shining

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?