<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Mission Meeting 

Finished Heat before Mission Meeting. It was really good. It truly is what it claims to be: an "epic crime drama." Good stuff.

Mission Meeting was...fair. Not great, not terrible. It was fun seeing everyone again, and the team that came to work with the MKs was cool. Unfortunately, I didn't really enjoy the stuff they were teaching. They separated the 11th and 12th graders from other groups, and yet were basically teaching the same thing to everyone. What's the point in splitting up if we're all learning the same thing? Personally, I don't like knowing that I'm learning the same thing as 7th graders. I like it when groups actually treat the older kids like they're older. I also think that leaders should be willing to move away from the curriculum if necessary - say, to discuss issues that MKs really care about and are interested in. Overall, the team this year was a good group, but spiritually I just didn't feel like it challenged me or made me think about things enough.

I did get some cool pictures though that maybe I'll post later. Right now I'm feeling kinda tired and sick, so I'll call it a night.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?