<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Time To Go 

I saw War of the Worlds. Awesome visuals. Great special effects. Cool action scenes.

But man, oh man, did that ending suck.

James didn't understand it. I only got it because Andrew West told me how the book ends - Spielberg kept that ending. It's not even a particularly well-done bad ending. It's just a bad ending all-around.

Other than that:

So...yeah. Once again, I'm moving. Except this time it's back to the USA.

It's weird. I don't feel anything about it at all. I guess I'm just so used to moving around, it's not a big deal anymore. My brain sorta has this conversation with itself.

"You're going to college!"
"Yeah. Whoop-de-doo."
"Aren't you excited?"
"Not particularly."
"Yeah. It sucks that you're having to go to your safe school."
"Uhhuh."
"But hey, you can always transfer!"
"Uhhuh."
"Aren't you sad to be leaving El Salvador?"
"Uhhuh."
"Aren't you excited about being independent?"
"Uhhuh."
"Are you so incredibly emotionless about the entire thing that you can't stop saying 'uhhuh'?"
"Possibly."
"Any last words?"
"I'd better at least get to see some good movies..."

Anyways, so long El Salvador. It's been fun. Goodbye Academic Britanica Cuscatleca, the best school I've been to in my life. Goodbye people I know and love. So many memories, so little room for them all.

Time to make some new ones.

Quote of Da Moment:
"Laugh at yourself, but don't ever aim your doubt at yourself. Be bold. When you embark for strange places, don't leave any of yourself safely on shore. Have the nerve to go into unexplored territory."
--Alan Alda

"You never really leave a place or person you love. Part of them you take with you,leaving a part of yourself behind."
--Unknown

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?