<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

And...Today's Latest 

I have too much work to do.

Today Cherry and I both ignored our alarms. I woke up and awakened Cherry at 10:20, an hour before my first class. However, the whole point of setting our alarms was so Cherry would get up in time for his first class at 10:15. Luckily, his teacher had postponed the class until 10:30, so he threw some clothes on and managed to make it on time, or at least wasn't late by a lot. Lucky him.

I've pretty much been working constantly all afternoon. I had a ton of reading assignments to get out of the way. Also, I'm now getting ready to do job-related work for a few hours. Evidently, there are a lot of cross-browser problems with the web pages I've been working on, so I've got to fix those up. Not to mention the fact that tomorrow I have a quiz in Calculus - oh joy. Oh, and I need to do all of my weekly Spanish work before I leave on Saturday. Fun fun fun.

That's really all that I've been doing. Oh, except I thought about the Stairway to Heaven thing some more. The truth is, if you're not reading the lyrics, at times it just sounds like gibberish. There are 3 possibilities here:

1) Led Zeppelin intentionally put a Satanic message in it. This could be due to the fact that they supposedly were friends with one of the founders of a Satanist sect, and perhaps actually practiced the occult. I heard that at one concert they actually encouraged the audience to sell their souls to the devil. True? I don't know. It's also possible that they did it intentionally for artistic reasons. After all, a backwards Stairway to Heaven is a stairway to hell...

2) It's all coincidental.

3) It's all due to false perception. Namely, that if you're following along with the lyrics, the power of suggestion causes your brain to think you actually hear words that aren't there. This is definitely a possibility, especially considering how warped the lyrics can be at times. Then again, it's supposedly much clearer on the original vinyl.

Does it really matter? No. Whether or not it's real or just your brain making it up, you can't deny that it is possible to hear Satanic lyrics in the song. And frankly, it's scary.

See, now what's cool is when musicians intentionally put secret messages in their music that is loud and clear. Such as the Pink Floyd sample on the webpage I posted a link to yesterday. Since then, I've discovered two songs which intentionally have reversed messages:

1) "Karate" by Tenacious D. If you reverse the song, Jack Black exclaims "donkey crap" loud and clear at the beginning/what is actually the end.

2) "Guitarras de Amor" by POD. Played forward, it's just a guy speaking gibberish with music playing. Played backwards, you can understand exactly what he's saying, except for the times when the music gets too loud.

Isn't playing with music tracks fun? Someone should make a band that only composes songs that can be played both forwards and backwards.

Oh, look at the time. It's dinner + work time. Yech, can't wait until Saturday.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?