<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

First Day Of Classes 

Today was awesome.

Note to self: Bring cell phone to class in order to keep track of time.

I woke up at 9:15. Breakfast consisted of coffee and a Pop-Tart. At 11:00 I was out the door headed for my 11:20 Philosophy class. I got there in plenty of time.

My philosophy syllabus lists everything we're going to be doing every single time we meet, and it looks like it'll be really interesting. We'll be talking and thinking about issues like animal treatment, abortion, human rights, euthanasia, etc. I think it's going to be cool. Probably very liberal, but cool.

The teacher said, "Okay that's it..." and everyone started to get up and leave, so I left thinking class was over. I arrived in front of my Calculus classroom before the previous class had finished....which means I was probably there at around 12:05. That's weird, because my philosophy class isn't supposed to end until 12:10. I hope I didn't miss anything and she just let us off early today...

Calculus looks like it will probably be as hard and boring as I thought it would be. The teacher is a grad student, and this is her first time teaching by herself. That should make things interesting. All of the homework is gonna be done online through this program called WebAssign...and I have to pay $10 for an access card. Great, I'm paying to do homework.

Also: calculators will not be allowed on tests.

Wow. I just spent $150 on a graphing calculator that I won't even be able to use on exams. Who knows if I'll even need it in class.

Anyways, after Calculus I grabbed a bite to eat at Chick-Fil-A, and now I'm done for the day. Except for going to the bookstore and buying a few things (like the access card and a Spanish-English dictionary for Spanish class tomorrow). Life is good. Aunt Brenda is coming up to visit me so she can give me my social security card - I need it in order to fill out paperwork about my work-study job.

Au revoir.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?