<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

It's Job-Hunting Time! 

As part of my financial aid offer at NCSU, I have to get a federal work-study job - preferrably on-campus, since I won't have a car.

Today I was able to get online and look at all the possibilities. Most of the jobs involve secretarial work; typing, filing, helping with presentations, etc. But hey, that's okay with me. If I survived ten days at the Canadian Embassy, I can survive that. Especially since I'll be getting paid this time.

Hehe. Knowing my luck I'll probably get stuck working a job I don't like for an amount of money I don't like either. But hey, that's life. I guess if I'm desperate I can always find a job off-campus that I can walk to. Or even a job on-campus that's just really, really far away from my dorm. Walking is good for you. There was this one job that sounded really cool, doing work for the Zoology department. It involved working with snakes. Snakes! Woohoo! That'd be awesome. Even though I'd have to clean cages and stuff, it would still be interesting.

I'm hoping I'll at least get a job I enjoy...or at least end up working for someone cool. Who knows, maybe I'll actually learn something. The last thing I need during my first semester of college is to be working for someone who hates me.

Then again, I'd always be able to cuss them out in Spanish and get away with it. I guess, when you look at things that way, I'll be able to survive no matter what. There's always a bright side to everything.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?