<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Wait, You Mean There's A World Outside My Room? 

If there is, I won't be seeing it much until Monday.

My weekend plans:

Mornings and Afternoons - Don't sleep too late. Wake up. Study or sit in front of my computer typing until the late evening, only leaving the room to get food and take a leak.

Evenings - Turn my brain off and watch movies. Sleep for a few precious hours.

Calculus is driving me crazy. I've got all these stupid online problems to do. That's fine; the problem is that for some reason, I've got 5 of these electronic worksheets due Sunday. I've been working for hours upon hours upon hours, and I went to both of the optional review sessions for the test. I'm not as worried about the test as I am about these stupid problems. I'm either forgetting some key point on how to work the problems, or I'm just not inputting the answers in the correct format. Either way, I'm screwed. The first two worksheets are fine. I'm still missing some answers for the third. I've got about 40-50% of the other two correct. I just can't figure out why. These problems are more complicated than the ones that will be on the test - why do I have to do them?

I am sick of numbers. I've been slaving away at them for way too long, and I'm not much farther along than when I started. Note to self: math is the devil.

I'll be spending most of my day tomorrow (or rather, today) trying to figure out what the heck I'm doing wrong, and working on my script for Deej. I might also study some for either my Calculus test or English test. Tomorrow night I'm going to watch a Spanish movie called Talk to Her.

On Sunday I'm going to go to church. Then I'm going to come home and work/study some more. I might start thinking about what I'm going to write for a script I need for Spanish class on Tuesday (I just found out about this yesterday) - but there's no way I'm actually going to write that until Monday. I might also study for my English test...though there's a good chance I'll put that off until Monday as well. Then on Sunday night Aaron and I are going to have "Eddie Norton night" and watch Fight Club and American History X. It's always good to end the weekend on a positive (in other words, non-school related) note.

I went with some friends to see Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room tonight at the Campus Cinema. It was fascinating; I didn't really know much at all about Enron. It was also very funny at times. Overall, it's a really good documentary. Or, as Mason put it: "It's got strippers! This is the best documentary ever!"

And if you're wondering what strippers have to do with Enron, you'll just have to watch it. That Chinese guy = smartest guy in the room by secular standards.

After that, we came back here and saw Rushmore. Funny movie, definitely one of Wes Anderson's best. Owen Wilson wrote it, which I didn't know. Oh, and for some reason, I thought the main actor looked like a really nerdy version of Tom Cruise in some shots. I don't know why.

In other random news: I finally bought a new camcorder adapter. Now that I have that, and a new microphone, I'm ready to begin filming whatever again. Yay. Also, I bought Pi and Requiem for a Dream together for $15. Best Buy rules.

It's 2 AM. Time to stop typing short, declarative sentences and sleep before I begin my weekend of labor, stress and numbers that in a perfect world would be the right answer just because I say so. Whoa. What a sentence.

Quotes of Da Moment:
"Maybe I'm spending too much of my time starting up clubs and putting on plays. I should probably be trying harder to score chicks."
--Rushmore

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?