<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 11, 2005

What's Going On 

I've finished all of my work except for my Spanish news stuff. Yay.

Yesterday I went to a seminar in the Philosophy department. One of the teachers was giving a lecture on Abortion and the Bible: A Fundamental Misconception. It was basically about how the Bible doesn't actually state, or even logically imply, that an unborn human is a person. Which is true, I can buy that. That's not why I oppose abortion. I oppose abortion because I think the Bible implies it's wrong for other reasons.

Example: David writes that we are "fearfully and wonderfully made" before birth. The guy giving the seminar yesterday said that that doesn't mean an unborn human is a person. He's right, it doesn't. A sunset is fearfully and wonderfully made; it's not a person. However, that verse does imply that unborn babies are at least important; they do have some sort of value. Same goes with the verses about how God "knit me together in my mother's womb", etc. etc. They don't indicate that unborn babies are persons, but they do imply other things which in turn imply killing an unborn baby is wrong.

But anyways, next time someone tells me that the Bible says unborn babies are human beings, I'm afraid I'll have to disagree. It doesn't, at least not that I've ever seen.

Anyways...I saw Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. It was so-so. I wrote a full review of it, so I'm proud of myself, even though I'm out of practice and it shows. Definitely not one of my most well-written reviews.

The plan for tomorrow:

1) Sleep.
2) I don't think I'll be going to church, simply because I haven't seen anyone to ask for a ride. I really want to try out Providence. I think the guys in the rooms around me went home for the weekend or something. That's not to say I won't do anything spiritual. I'll probably set aside a while to read my Bible and meditate, moreso than I do normally. At least it's something. A little more in-depth one-on-one time with God isn't a bad thing.
3) Watch movies.
4) Write.
5) "Whatever I feel like, gosh!"

Hm. It's 2:17. Time to go finish my laundry and hit the sack.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?