<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Sweet! Fall Break! 

I have no school until Monday. There is a God.

Unfortunately, my extra-long weekend will not be spent sleeping until 4 in the afternoon and then watching movies until 4 in the morning (at least not entirely). Some of my teachers did schedule homework.

Tomorrow I'll be interviewing two couples as part of my Sociology project. I have to ask them ten questions about their relationship, and then write a paper analyzing what they tell me and what I observe. Hopefully that will go smoothly, and not make anyone uncomfortable. I don't them to feel like I'm sort of marriage counselor or anything.

I've also got some Spanish work to do. Thankfully, I've got absolutely nothing to do related to Calculus. I feel so free. If I'm lucky, after tomorrow I'll be able to just chill for most of the weekend and watch movies.

Speaking of movies: American History X is good. Edward Norton deserved his Oscar nomination. The only thing I didn't like about it was the ending. I could see it coming from a mile away, so it wasn't nearly as emotional as it should have been. Ah well.

This morning I saw The Rocky Horror Picture Show. I can only think of one word to describe it: bizarre. I'm not entirely sure what happened, or what the point was. It was just weird. Tim Curry is awesome though as the hedonistic transsexual Frankenfurter. I can see how it would be fun to watch live with a huge crowd, complete with props and sound effects.

Oh, and last night I saw Chasing Amy. Great movie. I loved it. Kevin Smith is incredible; I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is his most dramatic, emotional movie. Yet it also made me laugh harder than any other movie I've seen recently. Whereas Dogma was Smith's critique of organized religion, this is his critique of love and sex. It's basically about this guy who falls in love with a lesbian, and has a lot to say about love, sex, sexual orientation, etc. Amazing script. It really makes you stop and go, "Hmmmmm." Kinda like Dogma.

I'll probably end up watching Clerks and Mallrats this weekend. I've also rented Lolita and Eyes Wide Shut, since I'm in the mood for some Kubrick. It'll be interesting to see how he dealt with the theme of sexual obsession in both 1962 and 1999.

Anyways, that's all for now. Time to get ready for tomorrow's interviews.

Quote of Da Moment:
"What's a 'Nubian'?"
--Chasing Amy

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?