<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 14, 2005

Announcements About My Life 

I have some important stuff going on. Here's the deal.

Firstly: The Act was scheduled to film this weekend. I haven't spoken to Deej yet, but if everything went smoothly, then by the time you read this principle photography should be complete. Reshoots, if needed, will take place around Thanksgiving, after which the footage will be mailed to Canada for post-production. I'll try and obtain some stills from the shoot, since I know you want to see what the movie is going to look like. And frankly, so do I.

Also: I bought a computer mic yesterday because I'm going to be working on a podcast. For those of you who don't know, a "podcast" is the current online fad. It's basically Internet radio. Podcasts are used for anything from personal audio blogs to shows about specific topics to music programs like the radio.

I'm going to be working with Erik Blythe on his podcast over at Movie Survival Guide. This podcast was previously at Random Chatter but recently was moved there. Erik was only able to record a few shows at this new domain, however, before he got to be too busy to update. The show went on hiatus, and he put out a call for volunteers to help out with the podcast. I happened to hear his call, and sent him an email volunteering. This was a few weeks ago.

Honestly, I didn't think anything would come of it. But Erik looked at my movie reviews site and this blog, and decided I'd be perfect for the show. I'm going to be in charge of recording "microcasts." Basically, I'll be doing brief 3-10 minute movie reviews which will be separate from Erik's main podcast, though at times he might include them in his main show. I don't know who else he's found to help out, or what they'll be doing. All I know is that that's my job. It's also possible that in the future I'll participate in some discussion-type podcasts or other things. We'll see.

I'm excited. Erik also records the official Star Wars podcast of TheForce.Net, which is probably the most popular Star Wars network on the Internet. Tons of people visit it every day - we're talking thousands. And it's possible that a great deal of those visitors listen to Erik's Star Wars podcast. Which means it's possible that a great deal of that group of people in turn have found or will find the Movie Survival Guide podcast.

My reviews could be heard by dozens of people. They could also be heard by hundreds. No pressure.

I'm psyched. Not to mention as nervous as a snail about to cross a freeway.

I've already recorded microcasts for Jarhead and Chicken Little, one of which will be included in the first podcast when Erik launches "Season 2" (everything after this hiatus). The first podcast is scheduled to be released within the next week if things go smoothly. I'll make an announcement when the first podcast launch and include instructions on how to download and subscribe to the podcast.

Oh, and before you ask: no, I am not getting paid for this. I'm doing this simply because I love all things film-related. I am a movie geek and proud of it.

Nighty night!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?