<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 07, 2005

Kaufman Strikes Again! 

I had a good birthday. Went to see Jarhead, which was a pretty decent war movie. Not great, but not terrible. Then I went to see Chicken Little, which is terrible. Then I watched Star Wars with Souwa and helped convert her to the light side. That movie is still freakin' sweet after almost 30 years.

Anyways. Yeah, I'm 19 now. Since the average male lives to be 76, that means 25% of my life is over. Done. Terminated. Finished. Can't get it back. Help! I'm having a quarter-life crisis!

Just kidding. That won't happen until I graduate from college and realize I have no idea how to live in the real world.

I saw The Curse of the Jade Scorpion. I liked it, it was funny. Stupid critics. They said it was terrible, and loved Melinda & Melinda, but I actually laughed harder at the former than the latter. Weird.

They're also stupid when it comes to Human Nature, which I just finished watching a few minutes ago. They don't know what they're talking about. I've said this before, but I'll say it again: Charlie Kaufman is possibly the best screenwriter in all of Hollywood.

This movie is freakin' hilarious, and has a ton of great quotes. And yet, I had to work hard not to turn the IB side of my brain on and start analyzing it. I have a feeling that that would just me a headache. Brain. Hurt. Too. Much. To. Analyze. Know what I mean? It was directed by Michel Gondry, who went on to direct Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. They make a good team. Now I just have to see Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, and then I'll have no more Kaufman movies left until his new one in 2007.

Hmm. Human Nature has inspired me to leave society. Farewell, all. I'm going to go live in the woods and run around naked and embrace my natural instincts and impulses. The way God meant for it to be. The way it was originally. It's time to reject the consumerism of society and go back to being one with nature. Just like Walden and Fight Club.

Ooooh ooooh ooooh oooohh aahh aahh!

Quote of Da Moment:
"Apes don't assasinate their presidents, gentlemen!"
--Human Nature

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?