<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, November 18, 2005

Woohoo! Weekend! 

I love the weekends. Especially this one, since it's the last weekend before our 5-day Thanksgiving weekend.

Right now, it's 5:45 on Friday. The plan:

1) Hang out with an acquaintance from middle school whom I just found out recently goes to UNC.
2) Do job work.
3) Either watch a movie or write a review of The Jerk to record for the podcast. Perhaps both.

Saturday:
1) Sleep in.
2) Go see Harry Potter.
3) Write Sociology paper.
4) Do some Calculus.
5) Write first draft of review for Harry Potter.
6) Write separate comments about Harry Potter to record for podcast.
7) Watch movie.

Sunday:
1) Go to church.
2) Do some more Calculus.
3) Listen to launch episode of podcast (and you should too!)
4) Edit the crap out of Harry Potter review.
5) Turn in said review to the staff of the Technician (campus newspaper).
6) Watch movie. Chill.

Yes, I'm writing a review for the school paper. In an attempt to do yet something else that involves movies, I went by their office on Monday and asked about becoming a regular contributor. The editor in charge of the movie section looked at my movie reviews site and my blog. He then handed me a ticket to a special screening of Yours, Mine and Ours for Thursday evening.

Thursday evening came. Mason and I spent an hour trying to find the theater. To make a long story short, we got there late, they wouldn't let us in, and I didn't get to see and review the movie. That was annoying. So I went back today and asked for another chance. He told me to go see Harry Potter on my own time this weekend and to hand a review to him by 8 PM Sunday. So, that's my plan. And this time the theater is within walking distance, so I don't plan on missing it.

I saw Cheaper By The Dozen. Fair movie. Not deserving of the sequel that comes out in a month.

I also saw The Jerk, Steve Martin's first starring role. This movie is fantastic. It is absolutely hilarious. It's definitely one of the funniest movies I've ever seen, ranking up there with Airplane! and Monty Python and the Holy Grail. It was great. Steve Martin is Da Man of Da Week. He's awesome. The funny part is that I can see my dad pulling off the same role.

I'm going to have quotes from this movie going through my head for days. I think Aaron and I almost had an oxygen overdose from laughing so hard.

Quote of Da Moment:
"It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child."
--The Jerk

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?