<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 05, 2005

It Is Finished 

I survived my Calculus exam. It went pretty well...I'm optimistic. I think I'm going to make a B for the course overall, which is good.

Tomorrow evening I'm going to take my English exam. After that, I'll have five days of no responsibilities. I can't wait.

Also: Part 1 of Aeon Flux podcast discussion has been released. Part 2 (the one with me) is supposed to be online tonight. Hopefully that will go smoothly, and Erik won't have that and the mid-week show clogging up his week.

Last night, I saw the South Park movie, South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut. My thoughts: the show is better. It's funnier, and more insightful. That said, the movie wasn't bad...it was just so-so. It had its moments of brilliance, and its moments of sheer awfulness. It seemed to me like a lot a lot of the "inappropriate" material was just for shock value, rather than to make an actual point. However, there are some things I can understand - the need for nearly 400 uses of profanity, for example. The main message of the film is about censorship and how it's parents' responsibility to control what their kids watch, rather than blame an outside source (such as Canada). It feels very much like it is directed at people who say South Park is profane and an amoral tv show. The filmmakers basically are basically saying, "If you don't want your kids hearing profanity and sex jokes, then don't let them watch South Park. But if they do watch it, don't blame us. It's your responsibility." Which is true. The film also brings up some interesting comments on issues such as religion and race. It's an intelligent satire, there's no doubt about that, I just wish it was as funny as the few episodes I've seen of the show have been.

Oh, and the music is awesome. Just like in Team America. One song was nominated for an Oscar. I can see why some critics said it was one of the best musicals they'd seen.

Quote of Da Moment:
"Remember what the MPAA says: Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty woids! That's what this war is all about!"
--South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?