<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 30, 2006

Chill Time Is Gone 

I've done some school work. Some job work. But mainly I've just been sitting around chilling, sleeping, watching movies, podcasting, etc.

Lord of War is a pretty good movie. I liked the themes, and some of the shots were fantastic, particularly the opening one.

The Wild Bunch is an above-par Western, mainly worth seeing due to its extreme violence. It's insane. It came out in 1969, and I can see why it almost got an NC-17 rating. Over 90,000 blanks were fired during production (more than during the entire Mexican Revolution) and over 10,000 squibs (fake bullet hits) were detonated. The blood just spurts. It's violent outlaw fun, and the editing is extremely kinetic. I think there are over 3,000 cuts, some barely perceptible to the naked eye.

Vintage21 was good today, as usual. We finished up the Ownership seminar. I found out their views on church structure, roles of men and women, etc. It was good. Finally, I think I'm beginning to understand "headship" theology in a way that is biblical, and that isn't (or at least appears to be) sexist or about submission as a form of oppression. Good stuff.

Also, the first feature was finally released on the podcast today. Erik introduces all the new stuff that's going to be going on, followed by he and I discussing the news and a couple of trailers. The quality for my sections isn't great, but hopefully that will be improved since he just got a new mixer for recording. Check it out.

Plan for today (since it's 1 AM): Wake up. Eat breakfast. Go to 6 hours of class straight. Come back and probably collapse. Do a few hours of job work. Eat dinner with my Aunt Sherri, since she'll be in town. Maybe watch a movie.

Also: Jim Gaffigan is a funny, funny comedian.

Quotes of Da Moment:
"People always want to try on my glasses. That's rude. I don't go up to people with hairpieces, 'Hey, let me try on your wig. Let me sit in your wheelchair. Oh my god, you are so crippled.'" --Jim Gaffigan

"I've only dated one Asian girl. But she was really Asian. She was a panda." --Jim Gaffigan

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?