<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 06, 2006

Goodbye Space, Hello Dormroom 

So tomorrow morning I go back to campus. Blegh. Oh well, I guess it could be worse. I could start class tomorrow. Luckily, I have a few days left to relax a bit.

Though I can't completely relax, of course. I'm in the process of filling out applications for both a scholarship and for the Honors program. I've still got to write all my essays. Grrrr. Plus, I have to order my books and go through all that stuff. The usual.

I started working on the outlines for that series of Christian short films today. My goal is to have a fairly detailed idea of what I'm gonna do by Monday, and have it approved by Andrew C. We'll see how that goes.

As for what else I'll do this weekend...I might go see a movie. Maybe see if The Technician wants me to write a review. Oh, and on Monday I record my first news podcast with Erik, so I've gotta gather some news from the film front. Other than that...

I spent my birthday money tonight. I bought the Star Wars trilogy on DVD. Finally. I now own all of the Star Wars movies except Episode III. I also bought a new DVD case to hold all of my DVDs. My other one (which holds around 60) is full. Maybe I should start renting out movies at $1 a pop.

I also decided to take a chance, and buy: Battlestar Galactica: Season 1.

I have never seen this show. I never saw the old one either. However, I keep hearing over and over how great a show it is, so I decided to take a risk and see if they're right.

I'm excited. My plan is to watch the miniseries pilot this weekend. I just told Erik about it, and he informed me that not only is BSG the best sci-fi show of all time, even better than Firefly (which he loves), but that it is also the best television show of any genre on any station at this point in time.

Those are some big words. I'm trying not to get over-hyped about it. I'll let you know my thoughts within the coming weeks...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?