<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, February 18, 2006

This Doesn't Count As A Proper Weekend 

Today I woke up at 6:45 to get ready for my Caldwell scholarship interviews. Not cool.

Anyways, I think it went pretty well, once the actual interviews started up. The sessions before that were kinda dull, almost like Caldwell propaganda. They talked about John T. Caldwell like he was NC State's personal Jesus Christ or something. That was weird.

Dressing up sucks. I discovered that the shirt I had brought to wear was too tight around the neck, but I couldn't do anything about that. I've got two welts to prove it now.

Overall, not a bad day. I'll find out on Wednesday whether or not I'll get the scholarship. Right now I wouldn't be surprised to see it go either way.

I was messing around with the template for this blog and accidentally screwed up the comments. It should be okay now, so I'd appreciate it if people could do me a favor and post a comment and see if it shows up properly. If not, I'll just switch over to the regular Blogger comment boxes rather than HaloScan.

I saw The Graduate. I liked it. The climactic scene in the church made the IB section of my brain go insane.

Here's another still from The Act. Once again, I have no idea if this will end up in the final cut. I have yet to even see a rough cut.



It's not even 10:30 and I think I'm gonna go to sleep. That's crazy.

Preach it, Gareth.

Quote of Da Moment:
"Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to seduce me!"
--The Graduate

"Who among us has not felt at least in microcosm the anguished courage of a William Wallace in Braveheart, or identified with the last minute redemption of a Lester Brunham in American Beauty, or suffered the torment of a Michael Corleone in The Godfather Part II, on realizing that what we thought we controlled was actually controlling us? Film, in the final analysis, can do for you what all great art does --- irritate and heal, challenge and affirm, inspire and sadden. It can, in the case of a film like Magnolia, truly give you more life, or as in Wings of Desire, make you believe in God, or as with The Wizard of Oz, tell you the truth about your own existence."
--Gareth Higgins, How Movies Helped Save My Soul

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?